Tuesday, November 27, 2007

lifelong learning!

Tagged by my dear sister oh so long ago!

"Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It's more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one course from the person who tagged you that you'd also like to take."

Here goes...

1. I would take accounting with Susan, and hope that they cover municipal budgets.

2. Spanish. I really wish I knew how to speak/understand Spanish.

3. Pattern making and other complicated sewing methodology so I could design clothes and fabulous purses. It would be nice to confidently sew something that wasn't a straight line and be able to work with more challenging fabrics than calico.

4. Woodworking. This is something Jed and I have talked about doing together. I have always wanted to learn how to make my own furniture and work with power tools.

5. Yoga or Pilates. I would really like to get back in the kind of shape that yoga classes 3x a week gave me.

6. Business management. Always helpful.

7. Public speaking. Ditto.

8. Creative writing.

9. Being a librarian involves lots of continuing education, so workshops, conferences, seminars and webinars are a given.

10. Rock climbing. I'm not sure you could say that this would directly "fix" my life (didn't know it was broken), but it would definitely be an exercise in brute strength and overcoming my fear of heights.

11. I'd like to join my 3 musician siblings in knowing how to play an instrument (unless egg shaker counts, in which case I too am an accomplished musician).

Well, sorry meme rule-maker, I want over. I could probably go on; I'm always finding new hobbies to pick up and things I want to learn about.

No comments: